Friday, January 30, 2015

End of January updates

Wrap up for January

-initiated a postion in OHI @ 44.4599 and MKC @ 70.85

-add to PG @ 84.50 to average down

-GE DRIP 0.238 GE @ 24.3306


Musings:

Wow CAT. Really couldn't have gotten too much worse of an entry in retrospect. Thankfully its a long term hold.

Dividend income predictions, did notice that my dividend income predictions will be lower than I have on my spreadsheet. Why? spreadsheet assumes 4 dividend payments throughout the year which wont be the case for some of the stocks (or I added after ex-div date and).   Some of the positions I initiated this month were based on ex-dividend date.

Need to do more research/planning on determining Fair Value, this should help make entries and additions to the portfolio at a better price point. Thanks to DivHunt for the reminder. Still new to this.

       
         

1 comment:

  1. When building a long term portfolio you can't be too tough on yourself is a stock you buy goes down right away. I know the pain of seeing a stock price drop a lot after a buy when my entire portfolio was deep in the red in 2008/9. If you stick to high quality names, pay attention to valuations closely and foremost make sure dividends are safe and rising you'll be OK down the road. The names mentioned above are all pretty solid even if a decline occurs. I actually would like to add MKC to my portfolio someday. It has been on my watch list for a long time but I wanted to diversify out of consumer staples as they are my largest holding. Thanks for sharing your January update with us.

    ReplyDelete