Saturday, August 1, 2015

July EOM Wrapup

Survived another month!

July was especially fun with the unexpected KRFT payment. I was going to be on the bubble to reach my $1500 yearly goal but now I'll far exceed it.

Charts



Purchases

Loyal3
-Normal buys
BUD
DIS
KO
UL
INTC

-Took a speculative position in FTR. I mostly took the position due to dividend yield and that i can buy it commission free and DRIP via Loyal3. Its also nearing all time lows. I don't insist on waiting for a bottom but this one was near lows so figured I'd take the purchase.

FTR

Taxable

Canadian Banks are/were on sale due to a rate cut announced in  July. So i purchased:
BNS
RY
BMO

Ford  (F) was cheap, so I added some additional shares

I also averaged down on :
IPPLF
EBGUF

Lastly,  a speculative position on CSD http://guggenheiminvestments.com/products/etf/csd  CSD is a spin off ETF and allows me some exposure to companies i wouldn't want to buy individually or too difficult (for me) to track.

Of course all the above (with the exception of F) is in the red with how the market is :-/ I'll keep looking for opportunities when sectors are on sale.

I've updated the portfolio spreadsheet Google doc.

No comments:

Post a Comment