Friday, May 29, 2015

May EOM Wrap Up

May EOM Wrap Up


May was my biggest dividend payout to date at: $161.60 :-)

Charts:

Dividends by Month

2015 Dividend Goal Progress


Purchases:


I had a side hustle pay out some money plus an equity grant so I made some purchases in taxable accounts

This month I bought:


F @$15.53  for a starter position.  Weekly chart is looking pretty weak so I'd be willing to add more in the 14.00-14.50 area. 

Some reasons for the purchase: 


WBK @$25.64 for some foreign (AUS) financial exposure. Weekly chart is looking weak (you'll detect a trend here) Looking to buy more below $25.00. Did miss the ex-dividend date though :-(

Reasons:
One of the four big banks in Australia, but the only one on NYSE and 5.72% dividend yield. I want to continue to get more foreign exposure although I will probably primarily do this via PID or IDV


HSY @$93.37 in my Loyal3 account  I would love for it to get back down to $90/91 area and i'll buy more.

Reasons: 
chocolate!


NVDA @$20.54 

Reasons:
I'm bullish on NVDA for long term with their attempt to become the NFLX of gaming.  Its also a tech company that at least pays a little (1.53%) to own it.


PG @$80.28


Reasons:  it was $8 dollars cheaper than i bought it for my IRA back in Dec/Jan.  Its on sale at the moment.  Weekly chart is looking weak though. I plan to add more between $75-$78. 3.34% dividend yield.


JNJ @$100.91  

Reasons: I own it, like it, its 6 dollars cheaper than I own it in my IRA.  Looks like it found its bottom around 98 for the time being. 2.97% dividend yield.

Normal Loyal 3 purchases for May:
K, KO, DPS  

Reasons: I buy whatever is red on my tracking chart for that month to average down.

1 comment:

  1. A lot of action for the month of May. Always nice to see. congrats on that dividend income as well. Always nice when a month pays you a record amount of passive income. Keep up the good work and look forward to your next update.

    ReplyDelete